Some users reported that after upgrading to version 9.1, they have a problem with the database-edit window. As soon as they put the cursor in one of the text boxes and type an arbitrary character, all text boxes, drop-down menus and buttons of the database-edit window are disabled and no further editing action is possible.
If you are running on Windows XP, you cannot install the .NET Framework 4.5. If it is not possible to update your Windows installation to Windows 7 or higher, you might need to downgrade your installation. This is done by following these steps:
1. Uninstall CardExchange 9.1.
2. Install CardExchange 9.0 from
3. Go to the folder where you CardExchange data directory is located (by default Public documents\CardExchange).
4. Rename the folder "Data" to "Data (backup 9.1)".
5. Copy the folder "Data (Before upgrade to 9.1.0)" and rename the copy to "Data".
Senior Software Engineer
"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)