Can I open a .cedx file in CardExchange Ultima V6? #6654
I believe we shared email already but ill post this here anyway.
1) Go to the configuration tab, advanced options, then check the box for “SHOW MIGRATE BUTTON OR MENU” and “SHOW ADVANCED MAPPINGS” if you want to use the old designer ensure that “USE VERSION 7 DESIGNER” to manage the old .CED files within version 9
2) Create a new Blank card template as a place holder for the soon to be migrated .CED template.
3) Highlight the new blank template
4) click on either the “CARD-DEFINITION WIZARD” to access the definitions or “MAPPINGS WINDOW” and choose the definition tab
5) under “LAYOUT AND MAGNETIC ENCODING” go to search window and find the .CED you wish to convert to a .CEDX file and click next then finish
6) once the card has been brought in it should still be a .CED file and you can then highlight this template and click the now highlighted “MIGRATE VERSION 6 LAYOUT” button to convert the .CED to a .CEDX file
7) both templates should remain within CardExchange so you can delete the older .CED if you wish.
Can I open a .cedx file in CardExchange Ultima V6? #4704
I designed a card template on an Ultimate V9 software. Tried to open this file in a Ultimate V 6 Edition but it wont recognize de extension. Can I save this .cedx file as a .ced file so I can open it in an Ultimate V6?.